EP022 - Interview - Kevin McCloud - Grand Designs Presenter, Journalist & Product Designer
This week Tom & Adam are joined by the super knowledgeable Kevin McCloud. Kevin is famously known for his work on everyone’s favourite property TV Show, Grand Designs. Where he follows some of Britain’s most ambitious self-building projects, as intrepid individuals attempt to design and construct the home of their dreams.
Kevin is currently working on the giant home and property expo; Grand Designs Live. Which runs from May 4th to May 12th at London Excel.
In this episode we cover a range of topics including:
· Kevin’s upbringing and where his love for design and architecture come from.
· What makes a project on Grand Designs special.
· Kevin’s early career and involvement in property.
· What having emotional connections to project can do and what makes a well run project on Grand Designs.
· We discuss what Architectural styles Kevin enjoys.
· Architectural History and what history means to people and how new buildings work with history.
· How new build developments impact communities and have they improved from a design point of view.
· Eco Homes & Green Building.
· Kevin’s opinion on how to resolve the housing crisis.
· Skill shortage in the UK and the issue with a lack of continued professional development.
· British educational system and its current failings and how it can improve.
· Grand Designs Live how the show is setup and what to expect.
· Environmental issues and climate change.
· How important Governments introducing eco-positive regulations are.
· Kevin finishes on an incredible joke.
To see more from Kevin follow him on Twitter @Kevin_McCloud & Instagram @kevin.mccloud1 or attend Grand Designs Live: www.granddesignslive.com
For more from the Property Investors Podcast follow us on Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn @PodcastProperty or join our community on Facebook: www.facebook.com/propertyinvestorspodcast
Listen below or click here: www.wavve.link/podcastproperty for a links to all the popular podcast platforms.