EP029 - Interview - Tom Gatzen - Founder, Ideal Flatmate
In this weeks episode the boys are joined by Tom Gatzen, founder of Ideal Flatmate. Tom is a really interesting guy and this episode is very varied covering a host of topics ranging from axe murderers to setting up your own business!
Ideal Flatmate is an app that helps people find their perfect match for house/flat sharing. What makes Ideal Flatmate different is it works on a similar basis as the ever popular dating apps matching people on detailed preferences.
· We find what Ideal Flatmate is and how it works.
· Tom’s career history.
· How/why Tom decided to set up a business.
· How in two years they’ve become the second largest flat sharing website in London and now they’re going national with international inspiration.
· How the build-to-rent market is fuelling Ideal Flatmate and the future of the rental market.
· Rental trends nationally and internationally.
· The surprising statistic of what is the faster growing flat share age group.
· What weird stuff has been requested on the site.
· Lessons learned from setting up a business and raising business finance.
· The working culture of Ideal Flatmate and Tom’s management style.
· The balance of taking money out of the business for yourself vs keeping it in the business to grow for the future.
· Does HS2 boost the north or is it a vanity project.
· Toms outlook of the near future of UK politics with Brexit and the Tory leadership.
Listen below or click here: www.wavve.link/podcastproperty for a links to all the popular podcast platforms.