EP035 - Interview pt 2 - Charlie Luxton - TV Presenter & Architectural Designer
Part two of our two part special episode where Tom & Adam are joined by the super knowledgeable Charlie Luxton. Charlie is famously known for his work on Treehouses (Sky One), Homes by the Sea (More4) and more recently London’s Great Bridges: Lighting the Thames (Channel 4). Where he Charlie follows the team behind The Illuminated River project who are on a mission to deck out 15 of London’s iconic bridges with lights, over 100,000 of them, transforming a five-mile stretch of the river Thames into a fantastical nightly light show.
In this Podcast we have a very diverse conversation with Charlie but with a real focus on sustainability and the responsibility developers have to the communities they build for and the environment as a whole.
In this episode we cover a range of topics including:
· We find out more about Charlie’s upbringing and what lead him down the path of being self-employed.
· Go into detail about Charlies architectural design business.
· Lessons Charlie has learned owning his own business.
· Where Charlie’s passion for sustainability come from.
· A discussion on climate change and civilisation.
· What Charlie has planned for the future of his business and his recent acquisition.
· Charlies plans for planting a woodland and the complexity of the task.
· Local projects that Charlie is involvement with the community.
· An exciting community self-build project bringing affordable homes to the market locally.
To see more from Charlie follow him on Twitter @ charlieluxton & Instagram @ charlierluxton or watch his latest TV project: www.channel4.com/programmes/londons-great-bridges-lighting-the-thames
For more from the Property Investors Podcast follow us on Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn @PodcastProperty or join our community on Facebook: www.facebook.com/propertyinvestorspodcast